The “Paper Bag Princess” a well known vintage shop in Beverly Hills presented a Runway show, featuring fashions inspired Valentino. With the new emphasis on “reuse, renew and revitalize” in this economy, the idea of Vintage Classics is right on trend. Couture classics, with their beautiful workmanship, fabrics and styling make wearing vintage a pleasure. The Paper Bag Princess Collection showed the audience the vision of a unique artist whose influence on fashion was measured by the sheer number of styles that he inspired. There is a classic, school of thought that is a True Valentino, and he would of course be the first to admit, the only school of thought about fashion: elegance, chic, fantasy and ease. These words describe the sensibility of Valentino, who year after year gave his ladies what they wanted. The show was awash in black gowns and ensembles, with touches of red accessories. Valentino Red, his signature color provided a lush color break from the black gowns of varied designers.
All photos courtesy of Arden Ash Studios.
All gowns were vintage and can be seen at Paperbag Princess. Here are our tips on how to buy Vintage:
A few tips on buying and caring for your VINTAGE FASHIONS:
- Couture Vintage is not the same, as mass market vintage, in quality and workmanship. Buyer beware.
- Cleaning Vintage is not always a good idea, without a reputable cleaners to assist you.
- Vintage pricing varies, so we suggest you gain some knowledge before you buy.
- Vintage is a description, so don’t be fooled: go to a reputable shop who represents it carefully.
- Choose a period of time that you love, and be influenced by and enjoy it!
- Wear your Vintage with some modern pieces, and mix it up. Head to toe vintage is for the Movies.
- Key pieces to purchase for Fall 09 are: Jackets, Coats, Dresses, shoes. These are investments.
- Secondary pieces: Shoes, blouses, skirts. These pieces take a bit more careful shopping, due to wear.